What is a cookie?
A cookie or biscuit is a harmless text file that is stored in your browser when you visit almost any website. The usefulness of cookie is that the website is able to remember his visit when I return to surf this page. Although many people do not know are carried using cookies for 20 years when they appeared the first browser for the World Wide Web.
What IS NOT a cookie?
It is not a virus or a Trojan, not a worm, or spam or spyware or pop-up window opens.
What information stored in a cookie?
Cookies or crackers do not often store sensitive information about you, such as credit card or bank details, photographs, your ID or personal information, etc. The data stored are technical, personal preferences, content personalization, etc.
The web server will not associate you as a person if your web browser. In fact, if you regularly browse with Internet Explorer and try to browse the same web with Firefox or Chrome you will see that the web does not realize that you are the same person because you are actually associating the browser, not the person.
What are cookies?
Cookies techniques: These are the most basic and allow, among other things, knowing when browsing a human or an application automated when browsing an anonymous user and one registered basic tasks for running any dynamic web .
Cookies analysis: contains information about the type of navigation being carried, sections you use most products displayed, timeslot usage, language, etc.
Cookies advertising: Display advertising based on their navigation, their country of origin, language, etc.
What are cookies own and third party?
The cookies themselves are generated by the current page and third are generated by services or external providers such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
What happens if I disable cookies?
Because we understand the scope may have to disable cookies we show some examples:
- You can not share this site on Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
- The site will not adapt content to your personal preferences, as often happens in online stores.
- You can not access your personal area of this website, such as My Account or My Profile or My orders.
- Online Stores: It will be impossible to make purchases online, they will be calling or visiting the physical store if they have it.
- It will not be possible to customize your geographic preferences as time zone, currency or language.
- The website will not perform web analytics about visitors and web traffic, which hinder the competitive web.
- You can not write on the blog, you can not upload photos, post comments, evaluate or rate content. The website can not know whether you are a human or an automated application that publishes spam.
- Do not be sectioned display advertising, which reduced advertising revenue from the site.
You can delete cookies?
If. Not only eliminate, also block, general or particular manner for a specific domain.
To remove cookies from a website should go to your browser settings and there can find the associated domain in question and proceed to its elimination.
Cookies settings for popular browsers
Here’s how to access a particular cookie Chrome browser. Note: These steps may vary depending on the browser version:
- Go to Settings or Preferences via the File menu or by clicking the icon customization that appears at the top right.
- You will see different sections, click the Show advanced settings.
- Go to Privacy Settings content.
- Select All cookies and site data.
- A list will appear with all cookies ordered by domain. Because it is easier to find cookies enter a particular domain address part or all cookies in the Search field.
- After making this filter will appear on the screen one or more lines of web cookies requested. Now simply select it and press X to proceed to their elimination.
To access the cookie settings of Internet Explorer do the following (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Tools, Internet Options
- Click Privacy.
- Move the slider to adjust the level of privacy you want.
To access the cookie settings Firefox browser do the following (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Preferences or Options depending on your operating system.
- Click Privacy.
- History select Use custom settings for history.
- You will now see the option to accept cookies, you can turn on or off according to your preferences.
To access the configuration cookies Browser Safari on OSX do the following (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Preferences, then Privacy.
- On this site you will see the option Block cookies to adjust the type of lock you want to perform.
To access the configuration cookies Browser Safari for iOS do the following (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Settings, then Safari.
- Go to Privacy & Security, you will see the option Block cookies to adjust the type of lock you want to perform.
To access the configuration cookies browser for Android devices do the following (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Run the browser and press Menu, then Settings.
- Go to Privacy, you will see the option to accept cookies or clear the box.
To access the configuration cookies browser for devices Windows Phone do the following (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Open Internet Explorer, then More, then Settings
- You can now toggle the checkbox Allow cookies.